Welcome to the 12 Copy Hacks of Making Cash.
Each and every day for next 12 days I'm going to be dropping by with a Copy Hack that's going to save your hack job of a sales page and get you the sale, finally start getting people replying to your emails wanting to work with you, and increasing engagement on your social media posts.
Those are the kind of results curing your copy hack job does.
So, let's make it rain cash money.
One the 12th day of Copy Hacks your rad AF copywriter (that's me) gave to you:
An about page that isn't douchey but also sells
Not to freak you the fuck out but your about page is the second most viewed page on your website.
Today, I’m going to show you how to write one that sells for you without sounding like an internet marketing douchebag.
Now, there’s a lot of contention online about what constitutes an about page.
There’s people in the ‘it’s not about you, it’s about your audience’ camp, and there’s people in the ‘it’s all about you and your life story’ camp.
Both camps are lame.
The camp I sit in: The middle.
We need to talk about the audience so they can identify themselves as your ideal clients.
We need to talk about you so your audience knows you're not an internet marketing douchebag. Because that's when they'll want to pay you.
Here's My 6 Part About Page Template:
1. Present the problem. The real reason why the person who’s reading your about page is even there.
2. Tell them why it’s not working. The reason why they have the problem and the actual solution.
3. Introduce yourself. Oh hiiii, it's a human being.
4. Tell them why you’re here. And you're the expert because....
5. Throw in your movement. And you stand for so much more than just a boring ass job description.
6. CALL TO ACTION. And they should totally pay this thing because it's going to change their lives.
About page, done + dusted.