FOUNDER + CEO.
All things words are my jam.
I make a full time living in my business all by using my words.
I'VE GOT A SEVERE DOSE OF ALLERGIES THAT'LL SAVE YOUR SALES.
I’m allergic to boring, buzzwords, wanky words, crafted-within-an-inch-of-its-life copy, airy-fairy concepts that no one cares about, and anything stock standard.
I have an Honours Degree In Marketing + Communications so crafting copy that's marketable and sellable comes included with this pretty face (no matter how many times I try to drown my university days with bourbon).
I’m also a Master of Speech Pathology. As in if you have a stutter I could freaking treat you.
I've got one and I ain’t afraid to use it.
Personality. Let's give yours a bottle of champagne and never shut her up again.
Your quirks, your opinions, your thoughts, your stories.
Your words are what make you worth paying.
SO YEAH, WHEN I SAY COMMUNICATION IS MY JAM, I MEAN IT.
HELPING YOU SAY THINGS THAT GET YOU PAID IS MY OBSESSION.
THE LEGIT BIO
Elizabeth McKenzie is a comedy screenwriter, copywriter + author. She's currently based in Melbourne, Australia. Her second favourite F word is fun.
Elizabeth works as a copywriter + copywriting coach / consultant at her boutique copywriting agency The Copy Word, where she helps business owners write personality driven copy + content that’ll turn every word they write into a Beyonce single drop… ya know? A multi-platinum smash hit with sales for months.
With a sense of self-importance known only to her generation, she's gone ahead and written a book The 30-Somethings: Life lessons from a 30-Something that you probably already know.
You can find her on Facebook, Instagram + Twitter, and when she’s not writing in her ugg boots, she’s pretending she's cool across hipster cafes in Melbourne - the LA of Australia - writing words and eating carbs.
10 THINGS YOU’LL HATE ABOUT ME
1. I played the violin at Hugh Jackman's wedding. I’m practically Wolverine royalty.
2. I got married at 22. Taylor Swift definitely didn’t sing about that. Then I got divorced.
3. I'm a half-baked kinesiologist who didn't complete her case studies. Because screw coursework.
4. I got an eyebrow ring because J from 5Ive had one. I’ve never wanted to take it out.
5. Tattoos don’t offend you, yeah?
6. I wrote a book. It's super fucking short. Technically it's a novella and it'll take you 90 minutes to read.
7. I made 6 figures in 6 months as a copywriter and it’s really not much to brag about. (Read: it's easy).
8. I loved Harry Styles when he was in One Direction so don’t act all giddy because you love his new album. I loved him first.
9. I only ever used to watch comedy tv shows. Turns out it was perfect research for my dream gig: comedy screenwriter.
10. I’ll always win at a rap off against you when Will Smith comes on. Big Willy Styles.